Respect for your personal information is important to Au Cachalot Caché le gîte hôtel.
This website, aucachalotcache.com, is powered by Webrio, formerly known as Saguenay Media. On this website, the terms, belonging to the first person plural, "we", "us" and "our" refer to Au Cachalot Caché le gîte hôtel, "this policy", refers to the policy of confidentiality as well as all the information and modalities present on this page. Also, the personal and possessive pronouns "you" and "yours" in the plural refer to readers, users and customers browsing this website. Au Cachalot Caché le gîte hôtel offers this website, including all information, tools and services available to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated herein.
We mean by personal information any data or indications that relate to you and by which we can identify you, such as your first name, your last name, your age, your phone number, your postal address, your email address, the name of your company and its contact details, your IP address, your nationality, your origin, your personal and professional history, your financial transactions, the number of your carrier, the numbers allowing you to be identified.
Please read this policy carefully before using our website. By accessing and using any part of this website, you agree to be bound by this policy. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you must not access the website or use its services.
All new features and tools added to this non-transactional website in the future will also be subject to this policy. You can review the most current version of this policy at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of this policy by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page regularly to see if any changes have been made. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes your approval to abide by those adjustments.
• How we collect, use and disclose your personal information and the purposes for which it is used;
• Your rights with respect to such information;
• The security in place to protect your personal information;
• The person responsible for personal information for this website.
You consent and accept when creating an online account and filling out any form, that your personal and login information is managed by Au Cachalot Caché le gîte hôtel.
On this website, we may collect your information in the following ways:
• Miscellaneous forms, such as a contact form, a job application form, a registration form, a purchase form, a newsletter form, etc.
• Third-party tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook pixels, Hotjar, Chat Messenger, etc.
When you fill out a form or any communication tool, you agree that we contact you by any means of communication to send you information that we deem relevant.
Also on this website, we may collect the following information about you:
• Personal data that you have voluntarily disclosed by filling out a form on our website, such as your first name, last name, phone, email, address, company name, etc.
• Personal information included in any document related to the sending of attachment(s);
• Data collected through contests, surveys, chat tools, newsletter subscription, etc.
• Data collected by Google Analytics tools, Google Tag Manager, Facebook pixels, Hotjar, Chat Messenger, etc.
The data collected makes it possible to:
• Follow up on your request for information, quote, job application, registration for an event, etc.
• To improve our services and your customer experience;
• Perform market analysis for marketing purposes;
• To become aware of and best respond to your needs and preferences.
This data can be used for other purposes in order to improve the experience of the Internet user or the customer.
When you browse the website, some anonymous information regarding your visit is automatically recorded, such as the type of browser used, the IP address used to access Internet, the date and time you accessed the website, the pages viewed on our website, as well as the Internet address of the referring website, if any, from which you accessed the Au Cachalot Caché le gîte hôtel website. This type of information is not deemed personal and may be used by Au Cachalot Caché le gîte hôtel to verify activity on your account.
Despite the measures described above, no method of transferring and storing data is completely secure or error-free. We cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your relationship with us is no longer secure (for example, if you believe the security of the data provided to us has been compromised), please contact us using the contact details in the section "Contact Us" below.
The website or the web agency responsible for creating the website may have integrated cookies into your browser in order to better personalize your browsing experience on the website.
By "cookie", we mean a piece of data that can be sent to your computer from a web server, and which will then be placed by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow Au Cachalot Caché le gîte hôtel to:
• Recognize your computer when you are on our website in order to personalize your online experience;
• Ensure a more efficient access for users, track transaction history and store information from one session to another;
• Improve the functionality of the website (personalized search, videos, share buttons, etc.);
• Recognize your browser as that of a previous visit;
• Save your preferences that you determined during a previous visit on this website;
• Check if you are connected to third-party services;
• Identify in real time, or subsequently, the user browsing this website;
• Analyze statistical traffic data on this website to help measure and study the effectiveness of interactive online content, features, advertising and other communications.
Most web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox) have an option to notify you of cookies received or to prevent the transmission of cookies. However, by disabling cookies, you will not be able to use certain personalized features on this website.
Payments can be made online directly on our website or via a form on a related payment portal. We accept different credit cards, such as Mastercard, Visa, American Express, etc. When you proceed and complete an online transaction, you authorize us to automatically use your payment method to settle any payment to Au Cachalot Caché le gîte hôtel or its partners.
If a credit card is authorized to settle your payment, Au Cachalot Caché le gîte hôtel may obtain a pre-authorization to debit the amount corresponding to the amount of your purchase.
When a transaction is made on aucachalotcache.com, the information related to your credit card: card number, last name, first name, expiry date and CVV are not saved nor kept on the servers of the agency responsible for the creation of the website. However, your information may be collected and saved by third party companies responsible for the transaction (Stripe, Zeffy, Global Payments, Paypal, Moneris, Clover, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Revolut, Amazon Pay, etc.) when you use the payment portal. We, Au Cachalot Caché le gîte hôtel, release ourselves of all responsibility that may relate to that process. By completing the fields necessary for an online transaction, you consent and authorize our partners to store your payment information securely. Before making an online purchase, we advise you to read the privacy and usage policy of each third-party service on this website.
You can be informed of your personal information, update it, modify it or request its deletion by making a written request addressed to the person responsible for personal information.
In the case of any account on this said website, we authorize you to modify, update or delete the information transmitted on your account.
Upon written request, by e-mail or letter, you can access the personal information we hold about yourself and, if need be, request that necessary corrections be applied to it, as authorized or prescribed by law.
In order to make a request to delete your account or personal data, please contact us.
Au Cachalot Caché le gîte hôtel may use automatic email sending software for promotional or marketing purposes including, but not limited to, launch offers, updated information about products or services, discounts, special offers and promotions or offers from its partners.
In order to best protect your personal data, the website has an SSL certificate (Secure Sockets Layer), which is an electronic certificate authenticating the identity of a website and allowing an encrypted connection. Therefore, the communication between the browser and the web server is encrypted through a secured encrypted protocol. A website with an SSL certificate is illustrated with a padlock next to its URL and its http protocol is marked with an s: https.
We, Au Cachalot Caché le gîte hôtel, commit that, when your data is sent via a browser that uses the "https" protocol, the SSL certificate guarantees that it will be encrypted and protected against any interception. The SSL certificate ensures the confidentiality of online interactions and the authenticity of the website so that you can confidently share your personal information.
The SSL certificate makes it possible to secure your following personal information during communication with the browser and the server:
• login identification information;
• credit card transactions or banking information;
• personally identifiable information, such as name, address, date of birth or phone number;
• legal documents and contracts;
• medical records;
• confidential information.
For questions or comments about this policy or to make a request regarding your personal information collected via our website, you can reach the contact responsible for this file by phone, email or mail:
Contact’s name: Guylaine Désilets and Bruno Therrien, owners
By phone: 418 235-4471
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated as of September 1, 2023